Packing For Your Your Safari
Safari Attire Guidelines:
Wear beige, khaki, brown and olive for safaris and game walks. Bring a sweater and layers of clothes. It may be chilly on the evening game drives and hot during the day. During the day a tee shirt and shorts are fine.
At night you need to have long sleeved shirts and long pants for protection from mosquitoes and for warmth.
Click here for our more comprehensive African safari clothing packing list
Other Indispensable Items To Bring For Your African Safari & Vacation
- Valid passport & visa— A valid passport is required, and perhaps a valid visa.Make sure you check that expiration date of your passport. Ensure that it expires at least 6 months after your return. Carry a photocopy of the photo page and the entry stamp page of your passport as an additional piece of identification. STORE THESE PHOTOCOPIES IN A DIFFERENT PLACE THAN YOUR TRAVEL DOCUMENTS.
- Click here to check your nationality’s passport & visa requirements by country you plan to visit or travel through
- If you lose your passport, this is one thing that you will be very happy you did.
- One other picture ID (e.g. driver’s license) Photocopy of passport page to carry in wallet
- Expense money
- You should travel light. Have a day pack to carry any essentials you want to have while on safari.
- Air tickets – click here if you need to find cheap tickets to Africa
- Recommended travel immunizations — click here to find latest immunizations for overseas travel to Africa
- Travel insurance – we strongly recommend travel insurance. Click here to find low cost travel insurance.
Ready? Contact us now for free ideas for a customized African safari vacation suited to your interests & budget.